The First Year Mentoring Program is now in its fifth year and the UOWLSS recruits enthusiastic and outgoing mentors to help future students by sharing their experiences and becoming a support network for our newest students.
The Program runs for 3 sessions in the first half of Autumn Session, meeting for a minimum of one hour every two weeks. Mentors will be in pairs, meeting with their small group of first year students to pass on their knowledge and tips for surviving their first year of law and helping the transition to university.
All mentors have currently been selected. Mentors will be assigned to pods on Orientation Day which will enable all first year students to be introduced to first year mentoring.
- Ensure a smooth transition from high school and other pre-entry pathways into higher education
- Ensuring students are well equipped with dealing with the pressures of law school life
- Establishing inter-grade friendships
- Getting students engaged in university life and opportunities
- Settling students into the Law and UOW community as a whole