First Year Mentoring
The First Year Mentoring Program recruits enthusiastic and outgoing mentors to help future students by sharing their experiences and becoming a support network for our newest students.
The Program runs for the duration of Autumn Session, meeting for a minimum of one hour every two weeks. Mentors will be in pairs, meeting with their small group of first year students to pass on their knowledge and tips for surviving their first year of law and helping the transition to university.
All mentors have currently been selected. Mentors will be assigned to pods during O-week, which will enable all first year students to be introduced to first year mentoring.
- Ensure a smooth transition from high school and other pre-entry pathways into higher education
- Ensuring students are well equipped with dealing with the pressures of law school life
- Establishing inter-grade friendships
- Getting students engaged in university life and opportunities
- Settling students into the Law and UOW community as a whole