Let's get together.
ATTENTION Law Students of 2020, the time to party is NOW. The UOWLSS is bringing you THRILLING, REVAMPED EVENTS this year. We appreciate your diligence and dedication to the law student life and it is for that reason that you are deserving of the best and most fulfilling social calendar.
The fun begins and ends as follows:
- Cocktail Party: Start your academic year with canapés, drinks and good company. This is a great opportunity to mingle with some new faces, dance with new and old friends and cheers your peers to making it to another semester!
- Harbour Cruise: It’s time to take in the views of Sydney Harbour from the best possible place – the water. All hands on deck for an unforgettable night where we enjoy a buffet dinner, drinks and a lot of dancing.
- First Year Survival Party: This one’s for the freshies. Welcome young padawans (first year Law students) – come along to our party exclusively created for you, where you can celebrate finishing your first semester of torment Law School with those that can relate. Dance the night away with your Pod and find out who will be crowned the Pod Cup Challenge champions.
- Law Ball: The one, the only, the crème de la crème, the iconic and infamous… *drum roll*… LAW BALL. You cannot, should not and will not miss this. Get ready to light up the night and look good doing it. A formal sit-down dinner and drinks followed by dancing and after parties. A little bit fancy and an immeasurable magnitude of fun.
- HalLAWeen: This year, for the first time ever, we are bringing to you a law themed Halloween party! Curate the perfect costume and come along for a night of fun and fright (because career prospects aren’t scary enough). Join us for canapés and drinks as we make a haunting social mark on the UOWLSS calendar.
I encourage you to get together with your friends/peers and attend all of our events for 2020, as they will be showing up and showing out! It would also be nice to having something other than statute and case law to remember when you leave UOW.
Be sure to follow the UOWLSS on Facebook and Instagram in order to stay updated with key dates and ticket information.
Remember: You. Deserve. It.
Vice President (Events)
Hi I’m Taylah! I am your Vice President (Events) of the UOWLSS for the 2020 term and I couldn’t be more excited about it. I am in my final year of Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy & Economics and I am currently working part-time at a law firm in Sydney.
My role is to ensure the mundane tasks and challenges of Law School are balanced by fun, memorable and lively events. This year, the UOWLSS is proud to present to you our: Cocktail Party, Harbour Cruise, First Year Survival Party, HalLAWeen (for the first time ever) and Law Ball.
Social involvement throughout your time at UOW will not only relieve the pressures of study but ultimately, will come together to make some of the best years of your life.
Drinking, dancing and adding to your collection of brazen stories to reminisce when it’s all over “ what’s not to love? You’ve earned it.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay updated with our 2020 social calendar, including key dates and ticket information.
I can’t wait to see you there! Good luck with your studies.