2021 UOWLSS Committee Midterm Elections
|First Year Representative (Wollongong)^||The First Year Representative (Wollongong) acts as a conduit between the Wollongong first year law students and the Society. They will assist with various initiatives and be involved across multiple portfolios. They are responsible for assisting to promote events and increasing the involvement of their year group.||23:59 10/3/2021|
|First Year Representative (SWS)^||The First Year Representative (SWS) acts as a conduit between the South West Sydney first year law students and the Society. They will assist with various initiatives and be involved across multiple portfolios. They are responsible for assisting to promote events and increasing the involvement of their year group.||23:59 10/3/2021|
|CBD Campus Representative^||The CBD Campus Representative acts as a conduit between the law students enrolled at the UOW Sydney CBD Campus and the Society. They will assist with various initiatives and be involved across multiple portfolios. They are responsible for assisting to promote events and increasing involvement of their campus.||23:59 8/3/2021|
|Events Officer||The Events Officer will assist the Vice President (Events) with their duties, assist organising events, liaise with various contacts to facilitate events and assist run the events on the day.||23:59 8/3/2021|
|Competition Coordinator||Specifically, each session every Competition Coordinator will be tasked with coordinating one of the Society’s competitions each session. The Competition Coordinators will be responsible for the planning, running and supervision of all Society competitions.||23:59 8/3/2021|
|Information Technology Officer||The IT Officer for the Society will assist the Vice President (Marketing) with their duties, manange the Society Website (WordPress through Amazon AWS) and IT platforms (Google Suite) and assist with coordinating information to and from year representatives.||23:59 8/3/2021|
|Sydney Marketing Officer^||The role of the Sydney Marketing Officer is to assist promote all UOWLSS events and initiatives to the Sydney based campuses. They are to assist in drafting and implementing a communication strategy targeted at the Sydney campuses. The Sydney Marketing Officer will work with the Sydney Campuses Director and Vice President (Marketing) to deliver these objectives.||23:59 8/3/2021|
|Sydney Education Officer^||The role of the Sydney Education Officer will chiefly involve organising education-based initiatives at SWS and CBD campuses and facilitating a collaborative approach to delivering Education portfolio initiatives across campuses. The Sydney Education Officer will work with the Sydney Campuses Director and Vice President (Education) to deliver these campus specific initiatives.||23:59 8/3/2021|
|Executive Editor of Academic Publications||The Executive Editor of Academic Publications is the head of any academic publication operated by the UOWLSS. They are appointed by a selection panel and are tasked with overseeing the management of the Society academic publications. This will include working with the Society Executive to launch an Academic Blog in 2021.||23:59 10/3/2021|
|Competitions Officer*||Competition Officers are tasked with assisting the Vice Presidents (Competitions) and the Competition Coordinators in running the Society’s competitions. This includes supervising and time keeping rounds as well as communicating with competitors to organise rounds.||23:59 8/3/2021|
|Disciplinary Committee Member*||These persons are appointed to the Disciplinary Subcommittee of the Society which resolves issues related to members of the Committee and of the Society as a whole. This Subcommittee is chaired by the Immediate Past Executive Officer.||23:59 8/3/2021|
* – Indicates this position is not a member of the Committee. The position is either a member of a Subcommittee of a Portfolio.
^ – Indicates this position requires you to be a member of a certain cohort. Please see the Election Rules for more information.
- For all roles other than First Year Representatives, there is to be no campaigning by nominees. This is because all other positions are filled by appointment of the Committee.
- For each position the candidate may submit a short (maximum 300 word) statement which will be provided to the Committee.
- For First Year Representative Positions, candidates may submit a short (30 second) video which will be included in a lecture. Any videos longer than 45 seconds or determined by the returning officer to be misleading, inappropriate or contrary to the purposes of the Society will not be accepted.
- Nominees for the Executive Editor of Academic Publications must provide an up to date copy of their CV with their nomination.
- The Returning Officer for the election or the appointment may disqualify a candidate for failure to comply with the Election Rules, UOWLSS Constitution or Regulations, or the 2020 General Election Candidate Rules where such Rules appear appropriate to apply.
- All Candidates will receive email confirmation of their nominations and will receive the outcome of their nomination(s) after the relevant bodies elect or appoint the position.
- Any nominations received after the deadline provided in the Table above will not be considered unless special leave is given by the Returning Officer.
- Where more than one person may be appointed to a position in the Table (e.g. there are 5 Competitions Officers positions available), the appointing body may appoint more than one person to the Position.
- The Information Technology Officer’s statement must provide information of prior experience with WordPress or similar technology.
- Any questions in relation to the election may be directed to Jackson Cocks (email@example.com) and Theodore Totsis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- These Rules may be amended from time to time, including after nominations open, by the Returning Officer.